Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Homemade Spaghetti Sauce

Did you know that processed spaghetti sauce is a no-no when you have gestational diabetes?!!!?  Yeah, neither did I, and I love spaghetti sauce!  So, I went back to the good old homemade version that I got from my college roommate, Julianne.  When you make your own, you can control the sugars, and it's very yummy!  Thanks for the great recipe Jules!
What You Need:
1 1/2 - 2 lbs. Hamburger - cooked and drained
1 med. onion - chopped
2 (16 oz) cans tomato sauce
1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
2 bay leaves
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
3 Tb. Italian seasoning
2 (16 oz) cans diced tomatoes

Here's what you do:
Add together and simmer for at least 1 hour.  Serve!  Yummy and easy!
(You can heat this in your crock pot as well - just a few hours on low!)

No comments:

Post a Comment