Thursday, July 7, 2011

Cake Box Cookies

Need some cookies fast but don't have all the ingredients?  These cookies are so fabulous when you're in a pinch.  I always try to pick up a cake mix or two when they're on mega-sale, and then you will always have these available to you.  I feel a little chagrined that I can't give the website where I found this exact recipe, but I'll just say this recipe is not my own, and you can find it online at cooks.com - I do know that much!  Super easy, super yummy, super versatile! PS - The picture below is of chocolate cake box cookies made by my 9 year old cousin for cub scouts - they are that easy!
Ingredients:
18 oz package cake mix (any flavor - I've done from chocolate to spice to lemon - really, ANY flavor works!)
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 egg
(Special Note:  If using chocolate cake mix, add 2 Tb. water along with the egg.)
(You can also add chocolate chips, candy pieces, chopped nuts, or oatmeal - totally up to you!)

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350*F.  
2.  In a large bowl, combine all ingredients at low speed until thoroughly mixed.  
3.  Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2" apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
4.  Bake in oven for 9 - 12 minutes.  Cool two minutes on cookie sheets, then remove to wire racks to cool.
5.  Serve plain or with store-bought frosting, or an easy icing (mix powdered sugar and water until you have the consistency you desire) depending on your preference.


No comments:

Post a Comment