My husband made this wonderful dessert for us the other night, and it was super yummy! It was a recipe we'd heard of and tried before, so we researched many different ones online and came up with this. (I might also add that my sweet husband made it more diabetic friendly by using a Sprite Zero and Sugar-Free cake mix - just an idea if you're looking to make it healthier as well!) As with all dutch oven recipes, I'll tell you how to make it in the dutch oven, and how to make it in the oven.
1 box yellow cake mix
2 cans peaches, with juice
1 can Sprite
Directions - Campfire:
1. Place dutch oven over 15 hot charcoals.
2. Put peaches in oven. Sprinkle dry cake mix over top. Cover with can of Sprite.
3. Put lid on top and place 10 hot charcoals on top in a checkerboard pattern.
4. Bake for about 45 minutes (or until done).
(Thanks to Camp Dutch Oven Cooking 101 for info on the number of coals needed and how to place them!)
Directions - In Home Oven:
1. Preheat oven to 350*F.
2. Put peaches in dutch oven. Sprinkle dry cake mix over top. Cover with can of Sprite.
3. Put lid on top and cook in preheated oven for 45-50 minutes (or until done).
Serve with ice cream! It's fabulous!