Saturday, September 11, 2010

Lumpy Noodles

This is an after-Thanksgiving tradition from my husband's family (it's a yummy way to use the leftover turkey), but it is great anytime of year.
You Will Need:
3 eggs
3 Tb. Butter
1 1/2 c. Flour
9 c. water
8 chicken bouillon cubes
Chunky chicken or turkey to taste

What to Do:
1. Create a broth with the bouillon and water. Add chicken or turkey. Bring to boil.
2. While broth is heating to boil mix together the eggs, butter, and flour. Place on a really well floured table. Work until not sticky on finger and roll out thin. Put more flour over it, roll it up, and cut into strips.
3. When the broth is boiling add the noodles to the liquid. Let the noodles cook in the boiling broth.
4. Serve garnished with frozen peas.

2 comments:

  1. ooh. I will have to try this, I have a family one for noodles but they let them dry out on the counter for hours (maybe that would make them not as lumpy though-).
    Thanks! I love your plates, too.
    I'm so happy to find another blogger! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to keep this in mind after Thanksgiving and the winter season up and coming. :)

    ReplyDelete