Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Chicken Enchiladas

A lot of people serve chicken enchiladas with a sour cream style sauce. Although I think that's yummy, I much prefer this version of chicken enchiladas with a tomato sauce base. My mother would make these enchiladas (using beef or chicken) all the time while we were growing up and I have always loved them. Now I make them for my husband and daughter who both equally love them. Even better - they're super easy!
What You'll Need:
1 pkg. tortillas (I get the burrito size ones)
2 cups shredded cheese (any flavor you prefer)
1 pkg. Enchilada seasoning (and the tomato paste/sauce and water to make it)
1 lb. cooked and shredded chicken

What You'll Do:
1. Preheat oven to 375*. Using a saucepan, follow the instructions from the envelope (I prefer Lawry's) to make the enchilada sauce.
2. In a bowl combine cooked and shredded chicken and 1-1/2 c. cheese.
3. Pour half the enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Coat each tortilla in the sauce from the pan (refilling as often as needed). Then place 1/3 c. chicken/cheese filling inside. Roll up and place seam side down in pan.
4. Once pan is full pour remaining sauce over the enchiladas and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
5. Bake at 375* for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment